Watch Videos of Prince Mahesh Business Man Records, Collections ,Trailers, Interviews, Audio Release....

Sunday, June 19, 2011

MS Reddy- Shocking Facts From Book


It is known news that the autobiography of the veteran personality M S Reddy ‘Idhi Naa Kadha’ has caused chaos in the Tollywood circuit.
For the mere reason that he came up with candid facts, the situation is such that the books are now not allowed to reach the stands. While that is the position, here are few excerpts from the book and Malle Mala’s experiences with various stars.
It is already reported about NTR Jr and Gunasekhar, so here are the rest.

Jamuna
“One Jamuna called me home and mentioned how all the films wherein she did the role of Satyabhama and N T Rama Rao did the role of Lord Krishna became big hits. She expressed interest to do a similar role in my film. I said okay and she was happy but then she put a condition that her name should be first in the titles. Without hesitation, I told her that Jayalalitha is the leading heroine. Then she asked if after the titles, a special card with her name as Sathyabhama can be put. I said okay.”

N T Rama Rao“During a film with N T Rama Rao, one of the character was Poundruka Vasudeva essayed by Nagabhushanam. He was ready with his make up and was sitting on the throne at 9am while Rama Rao had his make up done at home and arrived to the studios. But when he entered, all stood up and wished him except Nagabhushanam. NTR was furious and seeing Nagabhushanam in Krishna’s get up, he was double angry. He blazed who is that fellow? That’s when I entered and Kameswara Rao was explaining. For this, Rama Rao said when he is there why should I do make up, give me a pant and shirt I will act wearing them. That’s when I entered inside and hearing that I said in a firm tone okay. This enraged Rama Rao and said ‘Sarcasm?’. Then I said in a loud tone about the character of Poundraka Vasudeva in Bhagavatham and how he defies Krishna only to get killed. This calmed Rama Rao and he said let us get on with the work.”

Jayalalitha vs Jamuna
“During shooting of ‘Sri Krishna Vijayam’, Jamuna and Jayalalitha were the leading ladies. First time, Jamuna came to the sets in Sathyabhama’s getup and Jayalalitha was sitting in a corner reading an English novel. Jamuna stared angrily at Jaya and said I am a senior actress. Don’t you have sense to wish me? For this Jayalalitha said I don’t believe in such formalities. The shot was ready and Jayalalitha was supposed to do a scene wherein she must cry. When she was acting, Jamuna felt that Jaya will score more marks than her and shouted if you cry so loudly what will happen to my dialogue. Jayalalitha quipped angrily I did my crying now you do yours.”

Ghantasala
“On February 11th, 1974 I took an appointment with the president to show a film. Unfortunately, the same morning Ghantasala passed away. Given my relationship with him, I didn’t have the heart to go to Delhi without attending the final rites. I telephoned Rama Rao and ANR who were in Hyderabad and informed them about Ghantasala’s demise. We waited till evening…both didn’t come. With no hope, we started the final journey at 6 pm.”

Sobhan Babu“Once cameraman Devaraju gave statement in press that he is doing my next film. I asked him how he gave that without my permission. He mentioned that Sobhan Babu gave the clearance. I called up Sobhan Babu and asked him. He confirmed it was him and I asked is he greater than the existing cameraman Prakash. Sobhan Babu said Prakash is arrogant, he doesn’t wish me on the sets and goes to his camera. I told him clearly that because he didn’t wish you, I can’t leave him and hung up the phone. That resulted in Sobhan Babu not willing to do my film ‘Ramabaanam’. Then the matter went to the producer’s council and all of them stood by me. Eventually, DVS Raju told Sobhan Babu the decision and he had to agree to do the film and also pay a compensation for causing the delay.”

Chiranjeevi
“The film ‘Khaidi’ under the direction of Kodhandarami Reddy started a victory march for Chiranjeevi. One day, Allu Ramalingaiah met me and said ‘you lost a lot in Thatayya Premaleelalu, Chiranjeevi is in top as a hero. Go and meet him once or twice. I will also recommend strongly to him to work with you.’ Following his words, I went and met Chiranjeevi 4-5 times. But he was not even interested to speak to me.”

Shyamprasad Reddy“My son started ‘Ammoru’ with the combination of Soundarya, Suresh, Ramya Krishna. He gave direction reins to one unknown person called Ramarao. I told him to take the combo of Kodi Ramakrishna- Rajasekhar with whom he produced many hits. I asked him why he is changing both. Shyam said it is better to beg than to work with Rajasekhar. As for Kodi Ramakrishna, this is a low budget film and he is a top league director, we won’t be able to bear his remuneration. But after seeing the rushes of the film, Shyam went back to Kodi Ramakrishna.”

No comments:

Post a Comment