Watch Videos of Prince Mahesh Business Man Records, Collections ,Trailers, Interviews, Audio Release....

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DLR withdraws quit plan, for time being


It is the case of all is well that ends well for Health minister D L Ravindra Reddy. Following repeated calls from AICC in-charge of Andhra affairs Ghulam Nabi Azad and advice from Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana, DLR withdraw his plan to resign from the Kiran Kumar Reddy cabinet.
“I did not say I would resign from the cabinet. All that I said was I would take a tough decision. But  I had to drop it at the request of our top leaders,” DLR said at a media conference in the Congress Legislature Party office on Wednesday afternoon. He, said, he cared a hoot for the cabinet minister post or the MLA post.
DLR, however, took a dig at Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, albeit indirectly. “I am not like some people who went to New Delhi via Chennai or Bangalore carrying suitcases to New Delhi and bagged top positions. Whatever I do, I do it straightly,” he said.
On the statement of the Chief Minister that he had to divide the Medical and Health portfolio into two for administrative convenience, DLR reacted strongly.
“People in such a top position should not lie. He should tell for what administrative convenience the medical and health departments were merged in the past and why they are divided now. I felt it is humiliating for me and it is still hurting me, as if I am stabbed in the back,” he said.
DLR clarified that he would not quit the Congress party but would remain loyal to it forever as a disciplined solider.

No comments:

Post a Comment