Watch Videos of Prince Mahesh Business Man Records, Collections ,Trailers, Interviews, Audio Release....

Thursday, September 29, 2011

My role in Dhookudu is tailor-made for Salman Khan, says Mahesh Babu


After a big gap, superstar Mahesh Babu delivered a record smashing hit withDhookudu.
Mahesh Babu in <i>Dhookudu</i>.
The flick has created records at the box office raking in Rs 24 crore, and counting, in just one week. However, the actor claims that he anticipated such an overwhelming response.
“Frankly, I knew it would be a massive hit as soon as I heard the script. Director Srinu Vytla’s vision was clear and brilliant,” he says, emphatically. Although comic capers have limited reach, this riot of laughs has surpassed all the existing records to rake in collections all over the world.
“Besides comedy, it also had love, sentiment and other ingredients in the right proportions, and even the overseas audience have lapped it up like never before along with AP, Chennai, Bengaluru and other top centres,” he adds.
Now, didn’t he feel bad giving extra space in the flick to comedians such as Brahmanandam? “Every actor had well-defined roles and did a good job. I was never insecure because I never doubted my acting abilities,” he says.
Undeniably, his film has already set unprecedented records at its opening in T-town but does it have the potential to surpass top grosser Magadheera, which drew in Rs 58 crore (net collections)? “I dislike drawing parallels with other hits in the industry but the response is growing in leaps and bounds and is expected to settle down as a monumental hit,” he announces.
On B-town stars Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn showing an interest in remaking Dookudu in Hindi, who does he think fit for the role of the funny trigger-happy cop? “Personally, I think it’s tailor-made for Salman Khan but I would like to leave the choice to the filmmakers,” he says.
Finally, has he sealed the debate of the next No. 1 in T-town since it is attracting audiences aged between 6 and 60 years?
“I never believed in this number game business and by saying that, I am not trying to avoid commenting, because my yardstick for measuring new heights is different. I like to compete with myself and constantly keep raising the bar and try to give 100 per cent and offer a feast to my fans and audience with every film, which itself is a daunting effort,” he reasons.
Nevertheless, he admits that he bent over backwards to tickle the audience because “It was the demand of the character and I never craved for a particular image and portrayed different roles even in the past.”
His new swanky house has probably brought him more luck and he has settled down in his new pad.
“May be, but more than me and Namratha and I, it's my son Gautam, who is having a ball in our new pad.” He concludes.
Courtesy: deccanchronicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment