Watch Videos of Prince Mahesh Business Man Records, Collections ,Trailers, Interviews, Audio Release....

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hot Beauty trapped by Customs Officials


Hot Beauty trapped by Customs OfficialsHot beauty Minissha Lamba, who was detained by customs authorities for 16 long hours at Mumbai airport for carrying undeclared jewellery worth Rs.50 lakh while returning from her much-hyped visit to the Cannes Film Festival, says there will be no case against her.

"I have given my statement and the fact is that the jewels don't belong to me. They were given to me to wear at Cannes by Anmol Jewellers, so I don't think there is any case against me. The jewelers will be called to verify that is it their jewels and that's it. It's an open and shut case," the 26-year-old actress told.

Adding to the mysery, the actress lost one of her bags at Nice airport.

"The Cannes experience was fantastic, only the last day was a bit stressful because I lost my bag and when I returned, I was detained," said the actress.

However, Minissha Lamba also said during a press briefing that a minor mistake led to the trouble.

"I was not aware of the complex procedure of customs. A minor mistake happened from my side due to which I was questioned by the Mumbai Customs. As you knew Celebrities are easy targets," she said.

Customs Officials said that they try to spread awareness about regulations and the penalties their breach entails, but passengers show reluctance to follow norms. And when caught, they have a ready excuse they do not know what the rules are.

"We normally try our best to educate the passengers with our ready handouts which specify the customs guidelines to be followed. Some passengers follow them, but many do not bother. To ensure norms are not flouted, we want to convey a strong message by exposing high-profile cases like that of Minissha Lamba," said a top official of Mumbai Customs.

No comments:

Post a Comment